Individual coaching is the most effective and quickest way to overcome performance obstacles – whether emotional, strategic, or organizational. To ensure that coaching is targeted and relevant, our work is guided by agreed-upon goals and success measures.
All programs are designed to enlighten and empower:
- Content and pace are customized to your needs and priorities
- Confidential and safe for hashing out the most sensitive issues
- Proven tools and approaches for building skills
- Action plans and accountability help you make desired changes
- Additional guidance between regular meetings is included, for a time-sensitive decision or breakdown
Our Individual Programs
CEO and Owner Coaching aligns your leadership and business mission to your personal mission and purpose. This coaching leads to the growth of conscious culture and positions the company and its leader for long-term success
Struggling Star Coaching is for highly valued leaders experiencing disharmony, overwhelm and rebellion in their organization
Nature Retreat is a guided solo excursion into nature for senior leaders experiencing burnout or uncertainty. Reconnect with your mojo!
Select an Individual Coaching Program Below for More Information
CEO and Owner Coaching
CEO and Owner Coaching
“You don't build a business – you build people – and then people build the business.” – Zig Ziglar
Conscious Leader. A nifty term. But what does it mean?
My late friend, Jeff Klein, author of It’s Just Good Business, offers this actionable definition: “A conscious leader is one who recognizes the higher purpose of their business and the interdependence of the stakeholders in their business, and leads from this awareness.”
Here are four key questions a conscious leader considers every day:
- Is the company providing extraordinary internal and external customer experiences?
- Is everyone in the organization, starting with me, engaging in growth experiences with an open mind?
- Am I leading in accordance with my higher purpose?
- Is the business delivering on its higher purpose?
It takes a conscious culture to consistently perform on these key success factors. And, culture derives not from instructions and exhortations, but from the energy and conduct of the leader.
For the executive or business owner who is seeking to instill organizational higher purpose, unite a leadership team and build conscious culture, this personalized 1-to-1 coaching provides…
- Guidance, tools and resources to inspire a higher-purpose-driven organization
- A practical course of action to achieve team unity and conscious culture
- Techniques to increase trustworthiness
- Higher self-awareness, to maximize your positive influence on company culture
- A sense of fulfilment and peace of mind in your role
- Clarity of personal purpose and mission
- A business positioned for long-term success
Here’s what some past clients say about Malcolm’s senior leader and business owner coaching…
Illuminated my blind spots…“Malcolm helped me see my personal blocks in a new way and how it was affecting me professionally. I would have never put the realizations together had it not been for Malcolm. He quickly helped me identify a higher purpose, which provided the foundation I was missing. I started working with Malcolm and thought we would put together a business plan and that would be it. Instead, it turned into a personal journey and a deeper understanding of me that has been a tremendous help both personally and professionally. Not to sound trite, but the experience has certainly changed the course of my life and I am forever grateful.”
– J. McAvoy, Founder/Owner
Better at modeling what I wanted from my team…"Malcolm has introduced me to value systems and communication techniques that improved my leadership style and helped shift the stubborn culture of my company. He has been a valuable sounding board regarding key personnel management and organization strategy.”
– K. Ribotsky, CEO
Keen insights for a delicate transition…“I was greatly impressed with Malcolm’s acute analysis and expertise in business management. His insights and suggestions were invaluable in the on-going negotiations with our new CEO as well as the establishment of our new board of directors and management team.”
– A. McManus, CFO
When a motivated leader becomes a conscious leader, an organization is unleashed to elevate humanity – inside and outside of the company – and generate the highest-possible long-term value for all stakeholders!
Contact us now to discuss how we can help you lead to your full potential!
"The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow." – Seth Godin
Struggling Star Coaching
Struggling Star Coaching
“The secret of change is focusing all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Dan Millman
Many companies, at least the lucky ones, have invaluable high performers who have been stalwart examples of exceptional results, loyalty and camaraderie. On occasion, these high performers rise to a position that is just beyond their ability to succeed or encounter a challenging phase beyond their ability to manage. Their struggles aren’t due to a lack of business knowledge or effort, but a deficit of emotional intelligence and leadership skills that have sabotaged results, eroded job satisfaction, generated friction within the organization, and possibly created legal challenges.
We call these key individuals STRUGGLING STARS.
For the founder, senior leader, exceptional performer or keeper of institutional knowledge who is too important to lose, we have a solution… a proven coaching program designed to…
- Increase empathy and improve communication skills
- Raise self-awareness, to dissipate frustration and stress
- Address stubborn or unseen self-sabotaging behaviors
- Rebuild organizational harmony
- Provide tools and systems for self-sustaining emotional control and positive team interaction
- Find meaning in daily work and reconnection to company mission and values
- Satisfy a hunger to learn and grow
Here’s what a few former Struggling Stars have to say about their evolution and the impact on their organization, after completing the Struggling Star coaching program…
“Malcolm has brought much more to the table than being a Consultant or Executive Coach. I consider him a strategic partner and trusted friend. His philosophy and teachings have inspired me with a new perspective on self-awareness, leadership, and effective communication techniques. Malcolm has also integrated highly effective tools and exercises that I use to hold myself and others accountable, starting with speaking impeccably and maintaining integrity. He has been very helpful in providing his perspective and advice when I have been faced with complicated and challenging management issues. The success of our work together is clearly evident in a much-improved culture within my department.”
– S. Dizes, VP
“Working with Malcolm has been one of the hardest but most beneficial things that I have ever done. I have come a long way and the people that I care most about are better off for it.”
– L. Neuhoff, Regional Manager
“As an owner of a very busy marketing and communications agency, I started working with Malcolm to develop coping skills for stress related to managing a large staﬀ and high demands. When we started, I immediately saw that the work we were going to do together would go much deeper than that. He quickly helped me realize and identify the underlying issues that contributed to my stress. He also helped me through several company transitions, business planning, and personal career planning. His approach pushed me to work diﬀerently, think diﬀerently, and ultimately feel diﬀerently - all for the better. Malcolm is greatly responsible for helping me adopt a way of being that I never thought I could. I consider him much more than my Executive Coach. He is someone that I trust to be there for me, no matter what problems I may encounter.”
– D. Ribotsky, EVP
Empowering a Struggling Star to perform to his/her potential is a critical building block of a conscious business. Contact us now to discuss how we transform the Struggling Star into an inspiring team builder!
“When you replace ‘why is this happening to me’ with ‘what is this trying to teach me?’, everything shifts.” – Anne Dennish
“You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day… unless you're busy.
Then you should sit for an hour” – Zen saying
- Feeling directionless and uninspired?
- Facing a challenging strategic decision?
- Low energy or exhausted?
- Desirous of work that is more meaningful and impactful?
- In need of a fresh perspective to old problems?
Sometimes, it can feel like the walls are closing in. Even in the most comfortable office, being surrounded by man-made materials can feel draining. There comes a point where we all need spiritual nourishment and physical replenishment. If walking your dog once in a while isn't doing the trick, consider the long-term benefits of an immersive, purposeful solo excursion into nature.
Sound intriguing? We offer a guided nature-immersion program that helps you reenergize and reconnect with your inner guidance. All you need is a willingness to explore.
Likely outcomes include:
- Rested, recharged and less irritable
- Clarity about your next step
- Physical, emotional and spiritual reset for a new phase
- Reconnection with beauty, possibility and intuitive guidance!
Overview of the program…
- We provide a personalized program, including a schedule of activities (and “inactivities”!)
- Assistance identifying a suitable location
- Three coaching sessions:
- Pre-trip orientation includes one coaching session, to identify your intentions and customize your retreat
- Post-excursion “reentry” is facilitated by a coaching session immediately upon return to debrief, make sense of new insights, and outline a plan of action, going forward.
- Post-excursion “check-in” coaching session 4 weeks after return, to reinforce lessons learned and assess follow through
Catch your breath. Remember what’s most important in your life and work. Tune in to your intuitive voice. Put on your own oxygen mask so you can help others put on theirs.
Contact us now to begin your journey of reconnection and awakening!
“Malcolm Avner was exactly the right person for me at the darkest most difficult time of my life. He was calm, supportive easy to talk to and trust. He gave me the tools to dig myself out of that dark place. He helped me process the emotions that had been bottled up. He helped me stay on track with my business when some days I had to struggle to get out of bed. He coached me on how to manage relationships that were confusing to me. I highly recommend Malcolm Avner for anyone who has big goals and wants to move more efficiently to achieve them or for anyone dealing with difficult times in their life that seem overwhelming.”
– M. Erwin, Financial Advisor
“I used to suppress feelings that needed to be addressed......and this suppression led to destructive behavior. With Malcolm’s help, I gained the ability to face my emotions and beliefs, and to do so without feeling weak or intimidated. I feel more tranquil and more fulfilled with my life, clear about where I'm headed both personally and professionally.”
– C. Volk, U.S. Navy SEAL
“I am and will forever be incredibly appreciative and aware of the positive changes you've helped me generate in my life. Without being overly dramatic, I believe my life has been forever altered. I can't thank you enough for that.”
– E. Bean, High-Performance and Leadership Coach
“Come forth into the light of things. Let Nature be your teacher.” – William Wordsworth